TextNow is the most convenient way to communicate over the internet without using a cellular data network. However, at times, we have to delete it, either for privacy concerns or for any other reason.
So, how to delete the text now? The aim of this article is to show you how to delete a text message account effortlessly.
What is TextNow?/An Overview:
TextNow is a handy app that lets you make calls and send texts just like you would with a regular ol’ cell phone, but without actually needing a cell phone plan. Think of it like a secondary or backup phone line, but all you need is an internet connection.
With TextNow, you get a virtual phone number that you can use to communicate with others, so you don’t have to give out your personal number if you don’t want to. It’s pretty cool if you ask me!
Why Would Someone Want to Delete a TextNow Account?
A lot of you must be asking what are the reasons to make people delete their text now. So, there are many reasons.
No longer using the app – If the user has found a new communication app or no longer needs the features offered by TextNow, they may choose to delete their account.
- Privacy concerns – If you’re concerned about the privacy of their data, they may choose to delete their TextNow account to reduce their digital footprint.
- Account security – If you think that someone else has the access to your account, you may choose to delete their TextNow account and create a new one to improve security.
- Cost – If you have upgraded to a premium plan and no longer want to pay for the service, they may choose to delete your account.
- Switching to a different service – If you’ve found a better alternative to TextNow, you may choose to delete your account and move to the new service.
These are some of the common reasons why someone may choose to delete their TextNow account. Ultimately, the decision to delete an account is a personal one and will depend on the individual’s specific needs and circumstances.
Preparations Before Deleting The TextNow Account:
The following are the essential things to do before you delete your TextNow Account.
Back up important data and information:
Before you delete your TextNow account, make sure you’ve backed up any important data or information, such as contacts or important texts.
It’s a good idea to take a screenshot or save any information you want to keep before moving forward with the deletion process.
Deactivate auto-renewal of premium features:
If you’re a premium user of TextNow, be sure to turn off auto-renewal for any premium features before deleting your account. This will prevent any charges to your account after you’ve deleted it.
Notify contacts of the impending deletion of the account:
Before deleting your TextNow account, it’s a good idea to let your contacts know. You can send a group text or reach out to them individually to let them know that you’ll no longer be using the phone number associated with your TextNow account.
So, before you’ve done these things, you’re now ready to learn the procedure for deleting a TextNow account.
How To Delete a TextNow Account?
Getting rid of the text is much easier than you think. However, the process of deleting the account will depend on what type of text messaging service you’re using.
So, I’ll tell you the steps for getting rid of the text account while using different services. So, let’s dive into the topic now.
If you use the TextNow Free Service:
If you’re using TextNow on the free plan, it’s super easy to say goodbye to the app. All you’ve got to do is uninstall it from your phone or computer. And after a few days of no activity, your phone number won’t be accepting any calls or texts.
But don’t worry; if you change your mind, you can always jump back into the game by downloading the app again and logging back into your account.
Add-on plans for Nationwide Talk, Text, and Data
For people who have nationwide talk and text and data add-ons plans, the cancellation process is as follows.
- First of all, login with your account into the text now.
- And then click on the option ”My Account”.
- And then, there you’ll be able to see the option of “Cancel my Subscription”. Click on that to cancel the subscription.
Ad-Free service For Android Users
If you’re an android user and have purchased the Ad-Free service, then you can cancel your subscription by following the steps below.
- First of all, head over to the google store app on your android and log into your google account if you haven’t done so already.
- Then, Select “Account” and “Subscriptions.”
- Find “Cancel Subscription” at the bottom of the screen by scrolling down.
Add+Service Cancelation Process for iOS users
If you’re an iPhone user, then the following are the steps that will help you cancel your Add+Service.
- Head over to the app store of your iPhone.
- Click on Apple ID. No matter how the option looks, you have to click on the Apple id. Because the option may be changed depending on the device you’re using.
- Now, you’ll be able to see the “Subscriptions” option. Click on that. Now, all of the free and paid subscriptions will be displayed in front of you.
- All you have to do is to click on the Text from the list.
- Then, Click on the Cancel Subscriptions option. All of the subscriptions of text now will be canceled.
TextNow account deletion for a deceased loved one
A deceased loved one’s TextNow account refers to an account that was created and used by a person who has since passed away. This account may still be active, receiving messages and calls even though the person is no longer able to use it.
Deleting a deceased loved one’s TextNow account can be a sensitive matter, but it’s important to ensure that their personal information and messages are protected. Here’s how to do it:
Gather the necessary information.
Before you begin the process of deleting the account, make sure you have the necessary information, such as the login credentials for the account. This may include the email address and password used to create the account.
Contact TextNow support.
The next step is to reach out to TextNow’s customer support team. They will be able to assist you with the process of deleting the account. You can contact them through the app or through their website.
Provide proof of death.
TextNow will likely require proof of death before they can delete the account. This may include a death certificate or obituary.
Provide information about the account.
When you contact TextNow’s customer support team, make sure to provide them with information about the deceased loved one’s account, such as the email address and phone number associated with the account.
Follow the instructions from TextNow support.
TextNow’s customer support team will provide you with specific instructions on how to proceed with the deletion of the account. Make sure to follow these instructions carefully and provide any additional information that may be required.
Confirm the deletion.
Once the process is complete, TextNow will confirm the deletion of the account. At this point, all personal information and messages associated with the account will be deleted and can no longer be retrieved.
That’s how you can delete the account of a deceased loved one. I know, mate, that it’s going to be emotional and painful for you to delete your loved one’s accounts, but it’s important for protecting their personal information.
How to delete the TextNow account? Now you know how you can delete your TextNow account while using different TextNow services. Still, if there is something I can help you with, it’d be a pleasure for me. Just hit the comment section.