Website speed or page performance is one such aspect that every owner needs to consider when running a website. Regardless of the size of the business, one can never compromise on the response rate of the website. As a matter of fact, it is believed that faster websites tend to have a higher revenue return as compared to the sluggish ones.
Apparently, statistics reveal that nearly 47% of online users expect a website to load in merely 2 seconds where 40% of the users switch to a different website, in case the current page takes more than 3 seconds to load. Even though you might have had done a great job in designing the page, if the load speed is average, the website performance is bound to suffer.
How Does Website Speed Affect Your Business?
As mentioned before, the speed of the website is the time taken to respond to a certain user query or in simple words; it is page load time. Now the total time a page takes to load dramatically affects the performance of the website, which alternatively suffers in terms of rankings.
Google has the tendency to lower the search engine rankings of websites that have a greater load time. On the contrary, webpages that load faster have a higher ranking and hence, improved visibility. Without a doubt, the higher is the website visibility, the greater is the user engagement and so do the revenue.
So, if you have a well-designed website but the returns aren’t satisfactory, there is a possibility that the website speed isn’t good. To deal with this, you would need to optimize the page or all the pages of the website and further, see the difference.
Here, in this article, we outline the top five tools you can use to accelerate your website speed and likewise, the performance.
5 Tools To Optimize Website Performance
Before you start the process of testing and scouring your pages for bottlenecks, make sure you have created a full system backup. So, if things turn out the other way, there would not be anything to lose.
Cutting the chase, let’s move ahead to see the five different tools for website speed enhancement.
- PageSpeed Insights: An excellent plugin, PageSpeed insights help you conduct a full scan of the website and then generate reports based on the performance of the website both on the mobile infrastructure and the desktop environment. The report will have a performance score followed by a detailed description and proposed solutions. A score of 90 and above states the website is fast, scores that are below 50 require intense optimization whereas the scores between 50-90 are moderately fast, and a few tweaks would do the job for you.
- Webpage Test: An easy to use website speed testing tool, webpage test allows website managers to conduct tests on the website from across different locations. The manager needs a real browser along with a consumer to perform both simple and advanced tests. The methods take into consideration content blocking, video capture, and dual step transactions. Final reports detail you on the existing scenario of the site along with outlining the necessary steps to optimize the speed.
- GTmetrix: This is a comprehensive tool to test the performance of the website and come up with a detailed analysis of the same to highlight areas that affect the website speed. GTmetrix conducts regular tests and keeps an eye on the website to detect errors as soon as they intrude on the system. The report is in the form of a waterfall chart where each element consists of information suggesting means to improve the site.
- Yslow: The name itself poses a query, why slow? Yslow follows the principle guidelines of yahoo to demystify the cause behind the sluggishness of the website. A quick run of the tool analyses the entire website and then render grades for each of the pages. Yahoo has in all 34 rules to test the website speed, and yslow follows 23 of these to come up with detailed statistics and suggestions on-page optimization.
- Pingdom: The last on our list is the Pingdom test. It is another popular tool for conducting page performance tests but functional only in selective regions. It is best applicable when managers seek an intense view on the resources of the website and determine how that affects the page performance. This helps the site managers to find the exact point that backs the load time.
Website performance is crucial for the success of a business. The above was the end-user testing tools, but if you want expert support you can connect with your Web Hosting provider to assist you in locating the errors and deploying CDN. Either be the case, make sure your website performance never suffers.…